Business Development Manager, Derby
£35,000 to £50,000 per annum
Business Development Manager – Career Transitions:
This company is well placed to develop a commercial entity focusing on Outplacement and Career Transitions services across both the Private and Public sector.
Purpose of Role:
Responsible to the Director of Transitions, this role will be responsible for expanding sales revenue and gross margin through the development of new business opportunities.
- Develop outplacement and career transitions sales across targeted sectors.
- Identify and qualify prospective new clients to secure target sales.
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing clients to secure target sales.
- Plan sales and marketing activities and monitor against key performance indicators.
- Prepare proposals with tailored solutions.
- Finalise sales and agree fees with client and operations to ensure profitable business is generated.
- Review progress of assignments/projects to ensure high levels of client satisfaction are achieved.
- Identify opportunities for the sale of the broad range of services and refer as appropriate.
- Actively contribute to the development of the strategic business and participate in and contribute to regular sales team meetings.
- Work with the team to develop appropriate and consistent pricing strategies for services.
- Manage client relationships to secure future business with existing clients
- Identify target key accounts and create a plan to develop these accounts
- Keep up to date with HR Consulting market trends and developments.
- Promote the full range of company services
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Proven track record in consultative selling HR solutions at top level
- Good understanding of the outplacement, talent management marketplace
- Conceptual thinking – ability to see the big picture
- Ability to make effective presentations, handle objections and close sales
- Good communication, influencing and negotiating skills
- Good written communication skills – ability to articulate ideas and solutions
- Ability to build sound and ongoing client relationships
- Influencing and relationship management capability
- Excellent problem solving skills
Salary range and bonus £50-70, 000 OTE
Click here to apply for this position or to find out more.